M16 Eagle Nebula

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
kimo

M16 Eagle Nebula

Post by kimo »

I have managed to image M16 nebula. stellar spire on the left side of the Eagle and pillars of creation at center. I mostly imaged after 12.40am at rooftop of car park, few nights came back home empty handed due to sky condition. I think still I have to grab more exposures to bland with SII. I used WO 120mm Refractor. Thanks.
Astrosiao

Re: M16 Eagle Nebula

Post by Astrosiao »

Wow, nice shot. Love the detail on the pillars.
kimo

Post by kimo »

Thanks. I added more SII and processed.

PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Hi Kimo,

Wow !!! This one with more SII is not nice ( nice is understatement), this is super excellent !!! [smilie=admire.gif] [smilie=admire.gif] esp. as i know it is shot from our light polluted city, Singapore & if i am not wrong, Bukit Panjang [smilie=blocked.gif]
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Post by kochu »

Nice image Kimo.
Kochu
ivan
Favourite scope: TAK-oyaki

Post by ivan »

Very detailed image, Kimo! The colours on the second version is well balanced. Love the hints of blue in the nebulosity!
Just a casual stargazer
kimo

Post by kimo »

Thanks all. Yes, it is from Bt Panjang. I never imaging from other country cause my setup cant bring too far.

I want to share my experience of the moment of imaging Eagle Nebula. I had chosen the spot for 105deg angle was on top of the car park, I didn't realized that surround and far light could produce glare ring surround the field after process. it was almost hidden in every exposures of few nights, It really set back with question mark (?), all images were not usable (may be I couldn't processed it to remove glare). after short while, done some test and suffered lens condensation problem. I started to study on making perfect shield that will solve two problems, surround lights glare and condensation (not 100%). now I think it's ok, as you seen the processed image. Thanks.