Frankenscope Images and Images from Eclipse 9 Mar 16

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
yltansg
Favourite scope: Borg 76 + Solar Scope SF50

Re: Frankenscope Images and Images from Eclipse 9 Mar 16

Post by yltansg »

Hi Peter,

You asked

[the last two close up views are they taken with Hydrogen Alpha also] -
Yes, they are both taken in H-A.

[Looks like requiring very large Etalon unit and tight specifications to do the job ? Are the pictures Close up view of Active region ?]

For my case, I used a Lunt 50Tha (single etalon) connected to a Celestron 150mm refractor fitted with a Baader Dielectric Energy Reduction Filter. A collimating lens ensures parallel beams from 150mm refractor to the Lunt 50 Tha.

Alfred
yltansg
Favourite scope: Borg 76 + Solar Scope SF50

Post by yltansg »

Images taken on 2 May 16. Seeing condition was fair to poor. I hope to get better high-resolution images with better seeing condition.

PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Post by PETER LOO »

Hi Alfred, wow !!! your scope should be call Hyper Mod H-A Scope instead of Frankenscope, congratulations on the successful Modification. From this scope, we can see Chromoshere Flare distinctly and all the plasma flow in 3-D view [smilie=admire.gif] [smilie=admire.gif] [smilie=admire.gif]