Jupiter on April 19

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Marco
Favourite scope: Officina Stellare Rifast 500 f/3.8

Jupiter on April 19

Post by Marco »

Hi all, couple nights ago eventually the clouds open up a bit in Bedok and so had a chance to spend some time imaging Jupiter. I took several videos during a 3 hours time span, with the target to make an animation of the planet rotation, meanwhile I post here a couple of images quickly processed taken the night of the 19th at 11 pm local time and early morning of 20th at 1 am local time.
ImageImage
The first image shows red spot jr, it is an average of 4000 frames (about 50% of total), the second one shows the big mama red spot , average of 6000 frames (about 70% of total). For both images I used my C9.25, I added a page describing in detail the setup in my website http://www.glitteringlights.com/Equipme ... -equipment
Still the processing is not final, this is a quick run but enough to appreciate the many details Jupiter displays. Seeing was average with moments of good stability.
Hope you will enjoy them.

Clear skies
Marco
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Jupiter on April 19

Post by Airconvent »

Nice images, Marco :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Marco
Favourite scope: Officina Stellare Rifast 500 f/3.8

Re: Jupiter on April 19

Post by Marco »

Thanks Airconvent, just finished to process the movie of Jupiter rotation that night, see my next post :)
Clear skies
Marco