Dusk to Dawn Milky Way Time Lapse

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

Dusk to Dawn Milky Way Time Lapse

Post by Paramount »

I was at Eardisley again doing some more work at the house and as the weather was good I took my camera gear with me. There was only just about 3 hours of proper darkness so this is two time lapse videos on two nights. It was taken with my Sony A7Sii and a Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens. The movement in the scenery was created using a Rhino Camera Gear Evo Carbon slider with Motion and Arc. I took 602x40 second exposures at f2.8 and an ISO of 25600. Just before half way through the video there is a blue and white flash of light coming from the house. See if you can guess what they were

Rather than post the video here is a link to it on my YouTube channel where it is best viewed in HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fpXbB6 ... e=youtu.be

Best wishes
Gordon
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Dusk to Dawn Milky Way Time Lapse

Post by Airconvent »

Very nicely done Gordon! And with an A7 too. :)
I do note there is a good amount of skyglow which is probably the norm these days when imaging from populated areas. Our favourite Obs location in Mersing has the same issue too.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Paramount

Post by Paramount »

Airconvent wrote:Very nicely done Gordon! And with an A7 too. :)
I do note there is a good amount of skyglow which is probably the norm these days when imaging from populated areas. Our favourite Obs location in Mersing has the same issue too.
Hi
Thanks for the comments. I read somewhere that in order not to experience any sky glow at all you have to be at least 200 miles away from any populated areas. That rules out everywhere in the UK. Although it can't be seen with the naked eye it shows on images/time lapse with this level of exposure. I think it adds to the overall atmosphere of the video so to speak
Best wishes
Gordon
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
heyjojos

Post by heyjojos »

Very well done Gordon. I should try the panning motion one of these days!

HJ