First time lapse from new location

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

First time lapse from new location

Post by Paramount »

Hi
As some of you may know, I have moved to Harrogate in North Yorkshire from Hereford. The last few weeks have been fairly hectic but on the 26th I managed to get out to shoot some time lapse. This site is about 2 miles from where we now live and it is a great place to walk our boys. I spent the night here from 7pm to 6am the following morning and shot 3 short clips. The area is Nidd Gorge in Harrogate and I set up at Scotton Weir for the night.
Clip 1 - Looking directly at the Weir. Sony A7Sii and Tamron 15-30mm f2.8, 440x30 second exposures at f2.8 at 15mm setting and ISO 16000
Clip 2 - Looking away from the weir. Sony A7Sii and Tamron 15-30mm f2.8, 280x30 second exposures at f2.8 at 15mm setting and ISO 25600
Clip 3 - My view of the night sky from my bed roll. Sony A7Sii and Samyang 12mm fisheye f2.8, 280x30 second exposures at f2.8 and ISO 25600
During the night there were two lots of mountain bikers with very bright lights came past and also the house on the other side of the weir had an outdoor light that came on periodically but I think these added nicely to the lighting effect of the video.
There were some thin whispy clouds during the evening as can be seen on the videosThe RAW frames were processed in Adobe Lightroom and the video rendered in Adobe Premier ProThe video can be seen at the following link and is available in 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFiIdrclE0E

Best wishes
Gordon
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: First time lapse from new location

Post by Airconvent »

Thanks for sharing Gordon. They certainly are very surreal.. :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets