Railway Viaduct Time Lapse

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

Railway Viaduct Time Lapse

Post by Paramount »

I have finished rendering the video for the time lapse clips that I shot last night on top of the old railway viaduct that spans Nidd Gorge in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. I set up at about 7pm last night and finished at 6am this morning. All the images were shot on my Sony A7Sii and Samyang 12mm f2.8 Fisheye lens, all exposures were 30 seconds at f2.8 with the first clip shot at ISO 12800 and the second clip at ISO 6400. Towards the end of the second clip a couple of insects decided to crawl on the lens!
In the second clip the foreground and background movement was created by my Rhino Camera Gear Evo carbon slider with Motion and Arc, I also made a star trail image from the first clip and I have included this in the video. I took just over 980 images altogether.
The video can be seen at the link below and is available in HD and 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSV8uz3 ... e=youtu.be

Best wishes
Gordon
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Railway Viaduct Time Lapse

Post by Airconvent »

Beautifully done, Gordon! The kind of video you switch off the light in the room and just "drift" with the music and night sky.. :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets