3 years of time lapsing!

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

3 years of time lapsing!

Post by Paramount »

Next month, the Herefordshire Astronomical Society is holding a public open day to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing. I have been invited to do a couple of talks on astrophotography and time lapse imaging. As part of the time lapse talk I have put together a video of my time lapse clips, animated star trails and holy grail time lapses that I have taken over the last 3 years. I have done a few calculations and the movie which lasts about 21 minutes was shot using over 31,000 images taken over a total period of 11 full 24 hour days which is then condensed into a total of 21 minutes. The time lapses were shot at several locations including
Hereford
Eardisley
Hergest Ridge, Kington
British Camp, Malvern Hills
Grwyn Fawr Reservoir, Brecon Beacons National Park
Nidd Gorge, Harrogate
Brimham Rocks, North Yorkshire
Fewston Reservoir, North Yorkshire
Ribblehead, Yorkshire Dales
Thornwick Bay, Yorkshire Coast

The video can be seen at the link below in HD and 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-aIRT5jTvQ&t=146s
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: 3 years of time lapsing!

Post by Airconvent »

Beautifully taken with passion, dedication and patience! :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets