Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs

Post by Paramount »

Hi all
I've managed to process the time lapse data that I shot of Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) last night in the field above Nidd Gorge close by where I live. I managed to get some Noctilucent Clouds (NLCs) as well which was nice. The only downside is that a small insect decided to land on my lens during the evening so there is a dark out of focus shape on some of the clips. This comet is visible to the naked eye but does show up better on camera. I have also enclosed a link to the full 4K version. The clips were shot with a Sony A7iii with a Samyang 85mm f1.4 with exposures of 5 seconds at f2.8 and ISO800 and a Sony A7Sii with a Samyang 24mm f1.4 with exposures of 10 seconds at f2.8 and ISO400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjWbaFWnUA
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Re: Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs

Post by kochu »

BEAUTIFUL
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Gordon,
Beautifully taken! Been more than a decade since I have seen a naked eye comet. Unfortunately this one is very low, so likely a non-event in Singapore with all our famous clouds. Stay safe. :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets