Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs extra footage

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs extra footage

Post by Paramount »

I heard that comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) was starting to fade so as the skies were forecast for clear last night I decided to have another crack at it while I can. I went to the same field as last week and shot a few time lapse clips of which I have selected a few stills as well. I was hoping for some Noctilucent Clouds (NLCs) like I had last week but last night was even better, this is only the second time I've seen them (last week was the first) and early this morning (about 2am) they put on a really good display (all included in the video clip). I have joined last nights data with that of last week. I was particularly pleased that I got the blue ion trail last night, I was using a higher ISO as the comet was quite a bit higher up so light pollution was less of a problem than last week. I used a Sony A7iii with a Samyang 85mm f1.4 using exposures of 6 seconds at f2.8 and ISO between 800 and 6400 and a Sony A7Sii with a Samyang 24mm f1.4 using exposures of 20 seconds at f2.8 and ISO between 800 and 1600. The video can be seen at the link below in 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqBvk3s9klw
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) + NLCs extra footage

Post by Airconvent »

Nice capture! Looks like pristine clear skies over at your place :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets