Part of M31 Andromeda Galaxy

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi Rich,

What do you mean by looks different? It looks the same as other spiral galaxies, only much bigger since it's so close..
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

looks slightly different to me thou, cept i dont know where. it just feeels different.

nice shot btw!
river

Post by river »

That's what we saw that night, the sky was really good. We can't get that view in Singapore, that's what make us go there.
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

Wow! Great picture Wei Xing. You can take the whole thing in without the reducer?
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

Wow Wei Xing fantastic...... :)
Cool........ 8-)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Wow! Great picture Wei Xing. You can take the whole thing in without the reducer?
No... that's only central part of the M31 Andromeda Galaxy... I don't have a focal reducer on it and my Sky-Watcher 120 F8.3 focal length is too long (1000mm), so unable to capture the whole M31... :(

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

weixing wrote:Hi,
No... that's only central part of the M31 Andromeda Galaxy... I don't have a focal reducer on it and my Sky-Watcher 120 F8.3 focal length is too long (1000mm), so unable to capture the whole M31... :(

Have a nice day.
still it is a good work to me.
klutz

Post by klutz »

The Andromeda probably looks different becos it sort of resembles Saturn? Hmm... at least it reminds me of it (the bright ball in the centre) :wink:
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
quark

Post by quark »

Nice shot