Congratulation to William Chin (Universe24)

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
perseid
Vendor

Congratulation to William Chin (Universe24)

Post by perseid »

One of William's photo was published in S&T magazine (Sept 2007 issue) page 90. It was a wide field image taken from Mount Kinabalu showing star field above the cloud top.

Congratulation to William. This is the first astrophotograph taken by Malaysian that I have seen published in the magazine.

I'm green with envy!!! (where is the "green" emoticons?)
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

well done william....:)

can post pic on site?
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

congrats!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Congrats! Will look out for it! :mrgreen:
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

I saw it in the magazine. Really amazing and beuatiful photos. Can see the stars but the foreground seems to show daylight/twilight. Very beautiful!
Wee Nghee the Pooh
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Congrats!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Will check out the magazine soon!!

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

By coincidence I bought the Sep issue today but had not opened the wrapper yet until I saw this thread. Just checked the photo and its unreal man...looks like a painting! I could make out both the crosses...nice.
Congrats William!
:D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

it is one fine AND dynamic image, especially with the low fluffy clouds against the pristine crux milky way stretch! Cheers, Wei-loon!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

Yeah congrats! I had just seen the latest S&T. What a remarkable shot!
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Hi all,

Surprised to see a post about the picture appeared in S&T magazine. Thank you all.
To take this photo, we have to climb(walk) 6-8hours from ~2,000meter to 3,233meter above sea level to have the scene shown in the image. You see the landscape like daylight because 1st quarter moon was around. This is very fortunely the moon was there that time when took the picture. By our naked eye, you will see as what you saw at the picture.