Horsehead Nebula

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Meng Lee

Horsehead Nebula

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi all,

Taken with the same setup as Comet Holmes, 80mm with 350D, ISO 800 15 x 150s. Taken at NUS rooftop also.

Even though this pic is crude, but I hope all of you to go out and try taking pics!!!

weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
WOW!! Excellent... :) :) I'll be very happy if I can get image like this!!!

Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

Nic pic Meng Lee!
Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend... Clear sky this weekend... clear sky this weekend...
Yes yes.. clear sky please! I have not touched my imaging equipments for 2 months. :(
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Lets all pray together! Combine all the brain waves and pray for CLEAR skies !!!
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

wow nice!
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
boothee

Post by boothee »

I can't see your picture :(
boothee
Last edited by boothee on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

Meng Lee, i'm struggling with post pocessing my horsehead photo... the learning curve is proving a bit steep for my oldish brain...
can i post it here and you have a go at it so i can see what the possibility is? with perhaps you sharing the steps needed to get to the final result, if you don't mind?
thanks in advance.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Very nice meng lee...very nice
did not expect to get HorseHead in singapore sky....you are probably the first to get it :)
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi all, thanks for all the nice compliments, I will work harder to get more nice pics.

kingkong: I am a novice in image processing, hehe, still reading Ron wodaski's book. But I am beginning to understand how to manipulate the curves properly. Email me your tiff file, I try to see what I can do with it. If the file is very large, you crop it. Don't send me jpeg. I can try to see what I can get, then I tell you the steps and then you can repeat it for the whole pic.

boothee: Can't see the pic? Maybe you can click the link in my signature to go to my album.
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi kingkong, I think you need a master to help you with the processing. I ended up like this, hope you don't mind:

Before:

After: