The Eye of God

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Barry

The Eye of God

Post by Barry »

While shooting the Lagoon all night last night, there came a point where I was faced with an azimuth flip, which I am hesitant to do:whistle:....

So, while considering packing up and heading in, I had a flick through the tour function and lo and behold...what's this? The Helix Nebula? Leftover shell of a long gone stellar explosion.

Well, I had almost forgotten about this beauty so I thought I wpould have a go as it was still only four in the morning and there was still some dark left.

There was a bit of dew in the sky by then and I only got a few 10 minute subs. I had to reject a few because the moisture in the air was bouncing orange street light sky glow around like crazy.

I had to stretch the heck out of it but hey, do what you can huh?

I can't wait to do this again in about a month and do it properly!

Baz.

Black Diamond ED120APO, Orion Starshoot Pro DSI OS CCD camera.
wintertriangle22

Post by wintertriangle22 »

Hi Barry, your astrophotos are quite remarkable.This one appears similar to M57, the Ring Nebula where an ageing star blows off outer gases(much like how some smokers can blow smoke rings) leaving a smaller star. Central star in your photo still appears to be shining. :cool:
yybmage

Post by yybmage »

Well, hehe, this are all in the same catagory of planetary nebulae. The White dwarf surrounded by a cloud of gas blown away from the former dying star. Spectacular isn't it? I wish i had taken pics with that quality, but i haven't had any good pics. I am trying out the Orion though.
Blast off!!!!!!!
zackae

Post by zackae »

Sweet Image, I think planetary nebula still astound me the most.

Haha, I can see a little of the orange glow at the bottom right.