M8...argh..not again

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
perseid
Vendor

M8...argh..not again

Post by perseid »

Just want to share an image of M8, I took recently.

This is my new attempt to improve data on my images. I have taken on two different nights the data for H-a and RGB. The H-a image was taken on 16th May 2009 using my Canon 300D (mod) and Baader Ha filter. A total of 16 images with 300 seconds exposure are the process with IRIS. Only R channel data is saved.

On 4th June 2009, I used my Canon 350D unmod camera to take the RGB data. The reason behind this is that my 300D has been mod, but I don't have IR blocking filter. So, using unmod camera, I hope to get a better star size and colour. Because of the Moon, the exposure is only 60sec long with a total of 30 images.

Both data were combined in PS. Both photos taken using Mak-Newt 190 on EQ6 GOTO mount. Autoguided with guidedog and autoexposure with DSLR control.

Last edited by perseid on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

Wow! Fantastic image! Very nice image scale, must be imaging at beyond 1000mm FL I guess. Your tracking is spot on! What mount do you use? [smilie=good-job.gif]
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

M8

Post by kochu »

Hi CK

Great image with good details

Kochu/4-6-09
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
WOW!! Beautiful image... [smilie=admire2.gif]

A lots of detail and pin point stars!!

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

cataclysm wrote:Wow! Fantastic image! Very nice image scale, must be imaging at beyond 1000mm FL I guess. Your tracking is spot on! What mount do you use? [smilie=good-job.gif]
Thanks for the nice comment. I'm sorry I missed out the mount info. I am using EQ6 goto mount. I am using a cheap 80mm achromat refractor of 600mm for guiding. The scope is rated at 1000mm @ F5.1. The image has been cropped and reduced 50% for smaller file size.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

wow... nice details... the pillars absolutely jump out!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

beautiful! I can see the fishes inside the lagoon... [smilie=crying2.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

Airconvent wrote:beautiful! I can see the fishes inside the lagoon... [smilie=crying2.gif]
if you look closely enough, you might see the jelly fish...
zackae

Post by zackae »

Yeah man! I'm totally in love with the details!