Great moon pix

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
vivid

Great moon pix

Post by vivid »

I guess the moon is often an overlooked celestial object in astrophotography.

Extremely impressive! And its just a 10" SCT.

http://www.makolkin.ru/Gallery/gallery.html

Really want to print some of these, and the Hubblesite.org extreme high-res pix, A0 and then DIY cut .... but no space to put. :)
18x12 Fujifilm Crystal Archive for Digital Premium paper with good Frontier machine (regularly maintained + calibrated) only 7 bucks nia. Super 8R 2.50, 8R 2 bux. :)
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Hey bro...firstly sorry for silence...was away on job!

Anyway...yeah these are beautiful moon pics! Heck! If I'm gonna pay 7bucks I'd go digital print Hi Res...make poster with copy and all!..hehe!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
Chris

Post by Chris »

10inch 'ONLY'. haha.

The webcam he used is a DMK, costs lots of money, But nice pictures.
I'd rather paste my own astrophotos on a wall than just print out something from the web.... Gives me a sense of satisfaction and pride.
vivid

Post by vivid »

Tim, aiyah tonight wasted.....shd have come to my place to ob, but tot you shd enjoy the long weekend. But Lunar 7th month liao, after 9 Aug national day shoot (wedding lah, not NDP LOL!) I am free...till what 12 Sep or something.

Chris, you checked out the stuff being sold at Vivo National Geographic? S$380 per print, and I think quality is not there compared to the Hubblesite.
Yeah you are right, actually I am thinking of trying out lunar first, can get it to perfection like the Russian guy. Its another avenue for the hobby with a different set of challenges!
But of coz so many things here in SG are way way overpriced, no thanks to rental. High price, low standard of living, sounds familiar....hur hur...
(today day job very bad, !@$!## thinking of quitting, think nowadays many rich people in SG more and more are getting bad being v proud, having airs etc)

BTW I am thinking if we can get anything close to that with a a high pixel-count dSLR like 1D MkIV and a good refractor at prime focus. Or are we going to be so much seeing limited here that a 12MP D90 gives the same result. (either that or you get a really super excellent night to get close to that only once or twice in a year, if you are lucky enough to be free and looking at the sky) :)
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Yah man....but too tired from the oversea project. One of those nights when you don't want to do anything and it's perfect. kk I set something up soon!

Agree with you Chris,...even if the pics we take are satisfactory, the fact that it's what we have taken with our own equipment is definately satisfaction! And when the pics come out great....woot! Drown in Pride!!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

I believe the lunar "master" is Wesley Higgins. Stuart, is he the guy you are referring to?

Nothing beats good aperture when the seeing is right, and he uses an 18" Starmaster.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Croys
Have to agree with you again--the DMK21 is good and is one of those used extensively for solar imaging in Cak/Ha.Good stuff.