Linear T7

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Linear T7

Post by kochu »

Hi All,

I have up loaded a photo of Linear T7 taken on 26 th April in the album /Planets section.

Scope: Megrez 80 /f6/ Piggybacked on LX90
Camera: Canon 300 D
Settings: 30 secs , 1600 ISO
Processing: Simple processing of 5 shots stacked using Registrax2.

Kochu/29-4-04
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Linear T7

Post by Airconvent »

kochu wrote:Hi All,

I have up loaded a photo of Linear T7 taken on 26 th April in the album /Planets section.

Scope: Megrez 80 /f6/ Piggybacked on LX90
Camera: Canon 300 D
Settings: 30 secs , 1600 ISO
Processing: Simple processing of 5 shots stacked using Registrax2.

Kochu/29-4-04
Hi Kochu,
Good pics! Seems like everyone I know into imaging is doing T7 these days. Only person whose very quiet is Michael from SP...
BTW, I noticed the background is fairly noisy although you only had a 30second exposure. This contrast with Remus' 3 min exposure and black background. I don't think its the camera as the 300D is supposed to be quite suitable for astrophotography. Was the sky brightening when you took the pics ?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kochu

Linear T7

Post by kochu »

Hi Rich,

You are correct. All five images were from a lot taken between 6: 10 and 6 20. at 1600 ISO

It is not entirely true that 300 D is free on Noise. At 1600 ISO shots can be Noisy.

Then finally I am far behind Matthew and Remus in processing skills.

Kochu/30-4-04
======================
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Linear T7

Post by Airconvent »

kochu wrote:Hi Rich,

You are correct. All five images were from a lot taken between 6: 10 and 6 20. at 1600 ISO

It is not entirely true that 300 D is free on Noise. At 1600 ISO shots can be Noisy.

Then finally I am far behind Matthew and Remus in processing skills.

Kochu/30-4-04
======================
be patient...remus has been learning astronomy since he was born (before he left KK hospital) and matthew has been paying alot of tuition lessons at Mersing and Dempsey...sometimes doing it alone till the wee hours of the morning..! your efforts are already good...i wish I had taken such shots..

was it already brightening at 0620 hrs? also if 1600 is noisy why not try 800 or 400 instead? would it make such a difference?
kochu

Linear t7

Post by kochu »

Hi Rich,

I have quite a few un processed stock taken with various combinations. But no time to process due to heavy work load in Office.
Another processed shot is posted on Album section. This has much less noise.
BTW how do I delete the previous photo from the Album. No point in hogging space. Is deleting done by Moderators?.

Kochu/3-5-04
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Linear t7

Post by Airconvent »

kochu wrote:Hi Rich,

I have quite a few un processed stock taken with various combinations. But no time to process due to heavy work load in Office.
Another processed shot is posted on Album section. This has much less noise.
BTW how do I delete the previous photo from the Album. No point in hogging space. Is deleting done by Moderators?.

Kochu/3-5-04
Hi Kochu,
Just keep the images small by downsizing it before you upload to singastro and it should not be a problem. you are allowed to edit the description and name but deletion of the images would have to be done by the administrator or a moderator with delete rights there. so far, as far as I know, no moderator has been given this right presently...

rich