ASIGN Observatory will go offline this year.

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Barry

ASIGN Observatory will go offline this year.

Post by Barry »

G'day folks, just wanted to warn you out that ASIGN Observatory website will go offline as soon as the registration runs out this year.

For anyone looking at building their own observatory, following the DIY projects or the astrophotography tutorials, please feel free to copy the pages onto your hard-drive now before it vanishes forever.

Much of the information there is very handy, but I feel it is too dated to copy over to the new ASIGN Observatory II website. Besides, I just don't have time. I have a new baby boy on the way in three months and life is already flat-out.

As the new improved and bigger observatory gets built and starts operation, I will write all new and updated tutorials along the way as time permits.

When that actually happens, will be up to the big fella upstairs!

Cheers!

Baz.
Gary

Re: ASIGN Observatory will go offline this year.

Post by Gary »

Thanks for the heads up. Congrats to you for the new addition to the family! Your baby boy is so lucky to inherit your massive knowledge on this subject matter in time in addition to many other things. So happy for you! A dragon baby. Very auspicious. LOL. :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Hi Barry, its a shame such trove of good info will go to waste when you close it down.

If you do not mind, I would like to sponsor webspace and a free third level domain name for you to keep that site at no cost to you. Do let me know if you are interested via PM then we can discuss further.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Gary wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Congrats to you for the new addition to the family! Your baby boy is so lucky to inherit your massive knowledge on this subject matter in time in addition to many other things. So happy for you! A dragon baby. Very auspicious. LOL. :)

Thanks Gary! I don't know about dragons mate, but I certainly feel blessed to be having another baby boy after twenty years since the last one!

Baz.
Barry

Post by Barry »

andeelym wrote:Hi Barry, its a shame such trove of good info will go to waste when you close it down.

If you do not mind, I would like to sponsor webspace and a free third level domain name for you to keep that site at no cost to you. Do let me know if you are interested via PM then we can discuss further.
Thanks mate. That's very kind and generous of you!

I already have a very full life and am running two other websites, so I just don't have the time for it. Don't worry, this new one will be bigger and better and the articles will be much better also. I think it will build up over time to outshine the original ASIGN Observatory by a country mile!

Baz.
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Barry wrote:
andeelym wrote:Hi Barry, its a shame such trove of good info will go to waste when you close it down.

Thanks mate. That's very kind and generous of you!

I already have a very full life and am running two other websites, so I just don't have the time for it. Don't worry, this new one will be bigger and better and the articles will be much better also. I think it will build up over time to outshine the original ASIGN Observatory by a country mile!

Baz.
Well, Barry, you can think of it as a temp store of the existing information to be kept online so that you can, at your pace, "migrate" the articles over to the new one.

I just need to know the current content management system eg wordpress, joomla etc and I can even handle the migration from the current webhost over to my side for you.

Let me know ya?