Looking for Golf bag to carry Vixen mount

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Debash

Looking for Golf bag to carry Vixen mount

Post by Debash »

Hi,

I'm looking for a Golf bag with wheels to carry Vixen GP mount with tripod (small one AL90, with half pier). Any place that sells this (used one will also be ok) without the iron separators (I guess that's used to keep different sizes of golf clubs) on top? What's an approximate price for this thing?

Thanks
Debash
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I tried looking for one golf bag for my refractor but its a lost cause...
in the end used a massage mat bag instead...quite good!
golf bags tend to have this divider at the opening for golf clubs and cannot be removed, so it gets in your way....

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Debash

Post by Debash »

Thanks, rich, for the massage mat bag idea....can you advise where to get that from, price, length (shd be 4 feet at least I think) if it can carry at least 15 kgs of weight. If it needs to be carried on back then it's going to be back-breaking.
Debash
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Looking for Golf bag to carry Vixen mount

Post by VinSnr »

Debash wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a Golf bag with wheels to carry Vixen GP mount with tripod (small one AL90, with half pier). Any place that sells this (used one will also be ok) without the iron separators (I guess that's used to keep different sizes of golf clubs) on top? What's an approximate price for this thing?

Thanks
ask kayheem la....

he used to have a golf bag to carry his CG-5
Debash

Post by Debash »

hi Kayheem, can you please share the price of your golf bag, if yours was with the iron divider on top, with wheels and where did you buy that from? Can your golf bag be up for sale if you are not using it?
Debash
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Debash wrote:hi Kayheem, can you please share the price of your golf bag, if yours was with the iron divider on top, with wheels and where did you buy that from? Can your golf bag be up for sale if you are not using it?
Hi,

Yes, I do have a golf bag which I used to carry my CG5 tripod. Fancy VinSnr remembering that!

I think I paid something like $70 for it. I actually removed the dividers and it could hold the tripod. However, it does not come with wheels. If you want wheels you need to look for one with built-in wheels or get a small golf trolley/cart.

If you are interested in my golf bag, please pm me. I believe the opening is 8" diameter, and big enough for the tripod.

Kay Heem
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Debash wrote:Thanks, rich, for the massage mat bag idea....can you advise where to get that from, price, length (shd be 4 feet at least I think) if it can carry at least 15 kgs of weight. If it needs to be carried on back then it's going to be back-breaking.
Hi
I got my massage bag at WhyPayMore? sports store. However, the dimensions just able to fit a 60mm (2 feet) long scope. If you need 4", then looks like a golf bag is your best bet. I was in Suntec and there are quite a few golf shops. One new one near Carrefour level 1 has a zippered soft golf club bag that may fit a 1.2m length scope...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Debash

Post by Debash »

Thanks to both Rich & Kay Heem. I did check out the golf bag shop near carrefour...they don't have any bag with wheels. Since I'm looking for one with wheels, I might have to fix one myself to the bag...let me figure out how to do that, then perhaps I get the bag. cheers
Debash
shoelevy

Post by shoelevy »

alternatively
you could try looking at "my c8 setup" under equipment discussions by arief
he bought a bag which i am considering for my cg5 mount from ruby photo