Portable Telescope Trolley

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
kimo

Portable Telescope Trolley

Post by kimo »

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I want to fix the Equotorial mount on the trolley so that I can move to the dark palce for astrophotography without having to dismantle it. Any suggestions welcome! I am good in DIY.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Re: Portable Telescope Trolley

Post by weixing »

Hi,
kimo wrote:I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I want to fix the Equotorial mount on the trolley so that I can move to the dark palce for astrophotography without having to dismantle it. Any suggestions welcome! I am good in DIY.
How far is your dark place? Not very practical if your dark place is very far away...

Anyway, there are a quite a few tripod trolley out there for your reference: http://www.jimsmobile.com/buy_wheeley_bars.htm

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kimo

Post by kimo »

I have the trolley, to the dark place distence is about 100mtr. looking for ideas to build the permanent mount on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
On wheels? You'll not have a stable platform on wheels alone especially for astrophotography... Look at the link I provided... will give you lots of idea.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kimo

Post by kimo »

it will have 4 metal stand while photographying. like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kimo

Post by kimo »

i made new mount for easy transport for the trolley. require some test on it. tonight i will do some test.
kimo

Post by kimo »

I have done some test of 30 sec to 3 min exp. some colour shade cause by resized and compressed.
30sec iso 200
60sec iso 200
2min iso 200

This 3min exp iso200 picture has helicopter light trail.
kimo

Post by kimo »

I have changed balancing legs to this.
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Look a bit scary leh... [smilie=crying3.gif] Are you sure you going to push this setup over 100m on trolley?? May be better if you unmount the scope.... [smilie=confused.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
kimo

Post by kimo »

Thanks for comments. It looks scary? But it’s solid, better then my GP AL crap tripod, very low vibration. it’s very small in size H22”W8"XB14" so its damn stable and very light weight (without scope and the counter weight). I made side by side scope dov tail bar. Counter weight and the telescopes (no dismantling telescopes from Dov tail bar) will be un mounted from mount while transporting. The trolley also has nice place to transport telescopes together with it. One person is more then enough for whole setup. Now I am still testing at home, within this few days, if the sky is good, it will be transport to remote dark place.

I tried to make as per my requirements. It doesn’t meter how its looks, If it’s works great, then my hard work pays off. Time to time I will update. I took this as a challenge, make it or break it.