Hey who makes their own mirrors?

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

jermng wrote:Perseid, do you use your own mirrors for the truss dobs you sell or do you use GSO mirrors? BTW, do you still make those dobs? :)
Before I bought my first telescope, I use my own mirror all the time. It was a 7" F7 mirror on a dobsonian mount. The design was based on Richard Berry telescope making book.

As I am doing more photography than observation, I am more leaning toward refractor and SCT on EQ mount.

:oops: Very shy to mention, my 14.5" telescope mirror project is still "in progress". I broke my foucault tester and didn't manage to fix it before my son came along. After that, it has been put a side, until somebody or something hit me in the head to get me going again.

I am using GSO mirror for my telescope. They are much cheaper than making my own. I have not make new truss tube scope other than the 6". I have the mirrors and components in stock. So, if any one is interested to build their own scope, I can offer at low price!