Mini wide field Telescope

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
mickath

Mini wide field Telescope

Post by mickath »

Hi to All,

Here is another recent project of mine. The Lens was purchased from a flea market in Penang for 5 ringgit only. The Crayford focuser is homemade using plywood, a proton car lamp spring and a pvc pipe of 32mm diameter. The lens is 75mm and focal lenght is 160mm. I put in a commercially made diagonal to give a erected image. The base plate is made with plywood with a tee nut that matches the camera stand's bolt.

This telescope is extremely portable, I carry it for holiday trip. Day time use for birding and night time for stargazing. The magnification is quite similar to your binoculars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Mickath
Interesting...looks a little like a sawed off TV78!
who would have thought a scope can be made with old car parts! :-)
but with 160mm FL, there must have been tremendous colouring right ?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
mickath

Post by mickath »

Airconvent,

You are right there is some color abberation, this happened when I tried to shoot planets. For moon, and Pleiades it is o.k. Some color do appeared on bird shots too especially there is white background.

Thanks

Mickath.