Would this make a good tripod/pier with some modification?

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Would this make a good tripod/pier with some modificatio

Post by VinSnr »

Bro.....my first question to you is....which scope do you intend to use on this?

This seems light for most scopes.
Ekezial

Post by Ekezial »

I'm thinking of using it as a base for my tasco starguide (nextstar 4GT clone) instead of getting the tripod/wedge for nexstar 4GT.
anyway going to go get it later today to check it out.
Shannon
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Ekezial wrote:I'm thinking of using it as a base for my tasco starguide (nextstar 4GT clone) instead of getting the tripod/wedge for nexstar 4GT.
anyway going to go get it later today to check it out.
Oh, for that scope shouldn't be a problem. Samuel from Harlequin use something like this before in the past for the same scope.
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

aa.. i think a small stool will work better cos its more easy to bring around.. like wat samuel did last time wif his nextstar
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Ekezial

Post by Ekezial »

i've bought it and i must say it's quite light, will be even lighter if u remove the stainless steel ring. it still needs some form of mod to lock the height.
Shannon