New 4.5 inch Dob Completion

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
mickath

New 4.5 inch Dob Completion

Post by mickath »

Hi to All,

Just wish to share with you about my new 4.5 inch Dobsonian have been fully completed.

Thanks

Mickath
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
botok

Post by botok »

Nice one Mickath! How's the dobs first light? Any Field Report?
From the last post, u said u're going to sell this 4.5" Dobs, Come up with the price yet?
mickath

4.5 Iinch Dob sold!

Post by mickath »

Hi Botok,

Thanks for your reply and your interest in my home made dobsonian. Sorry to inform you that this Dob has been sold to my brother for 1000 ringgit. Initially I wanted make this scope to sell at under 1000 ringgit just to test the market

We tested it last few nights, and Jupiter came out very bright with a 3 times barlow we are able see Jupiter's belt clearly. M6 and M7 in scopio was spectacular.

This scope is easy to setup. The scope is very light you can carry it with both hands, but the mount is a little too big to transport in a Proton car's boot. Have to be put in the back seat.

I will make another few like this again, shortly.

Thanks

Mickath