A Premium ATM 10" Newtonian Project

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Airconvent wrote:wow...nice! how about doing a pdf document on how to construct this scope for those who have time to spare?
How about just make a few and sell and give that Uti scope guy a run for his money?
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

rich and vin, thanks for the comments. i think this thread serves the info for those interested to build their own scopes.

vin, the carbon fiber tubes is hard to find (they're also very expensive). i don't think i can make another ones...

Btw, I need more push if you all want me to bring this scope to the JuMP party. Otherwise, I'll just bring a more portable C8 to the event...

Arief
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

[quote="ariefm71"]rich and vin, thanks for the comments. i think this thread serves the info for those interested to build their own scopes.

vin, the carbon fiber tubes is hard to find (they're also very expensive). i don't think i can make another ones...

Btw, I need more push if you all want me to bring this scope to the JuMP party. Otherwise, I'll just bring a more portable C8 to the event...

Arief[/quote

Bro..your orange C8 arrive already or not? I wanna see...
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Bro..your orange C8 arrive already or not? I wanna see...
Should arrive this wednesday...
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

*Push*
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
rlow

Post by rlow »

Push-to....scope very nice, Arief.

Why don't you put it on a dobsonian mount which will have a lower CG, more stable and you can observe sitting down?
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

no money left la...
i can only have one altaz mount at one time, and astroslew II is a must have :-)
rlow

Post by rlow »

You can make dob rocker base out of plywood lah... don't need to use carbon fibre. :)
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

*push push push* Bring ur sweat-and-blood ok? :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
ultralightcomposites

Carbon Fiber Technology

Post by ultralightcomposites »

I was amazed with this Newtonian Project using carbon fiber tubes, it is very nice..thanks for sharing!