My denver chair project

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
ian0138

My denver chair project

Post by ian0138 »

Completed my denver chair project project this morning in about two hours. Still missing the bottom bar, so I temporarily used a string to hold.
Final touch will be filing and painting.

Tested on my hefty 85kg body. Work well so far except the safety strip tore twice during first test landing myself on the ground :oops:

Seat height fully adjustable from 3inches to about 2.5feet.

I savage some Chengai wood from Malaysia which is rather solid and heavy. Rest of the metarial purchase locally, total cost about $40.
The paint may cost another $20.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ian0138

Post by ian0138 »

Side view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Re: My denver chair project

Post by acc »

ian0138 wrote: Tested on my hefty 85kg body. Work well so far except the safety strip tore twice during first test landing myself on the ground :oops:
Should rename to danger-strip... :oops:

Mishap aside, the chair is really neat!
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Instead of a bottom bar or string, how about a length of chain from the hardware store?
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

ouch! that bolt jutting out would have been quite painful on your spine...
why not use a countersunk hole instead?
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Looks nice. If it works well, it will really help in observation as if one is most comfortable like having non strained eyes, legs and seating comfortably, more details can be seen.
AstroDuck
ian0138

Post by ian0138 »

kayheem wrote:Instead of a bottom bar or string, how about a length of chain from the hardware store?
It need to be a solid bar to prevent it from collapsing inwards. Aluminium bar would be nice if I can find some, otherwise I would use those plastic wire trunking
ian0138

Post by ian0138 »

Airconvent wrote:ouch! that bolt jutting out would have been quite painful on your spine...
why not use a countersunk hole instead?

That one is just the holder, can just transfer to the other leg, it suppose to be those foldable chest holder. Anyway that's a thought :wink:
rlow

Post by rlow »

Nice work! Can be more comfy with addition of padded seat, padded back rest and a foot rest for highest position. Lets try it out this weekend!