Shall I build a 14.5"???

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

aiyah Arief ..there is already a 16.1" in Singastro although it is still waiting commissioning...go straight for 18" or 20" lah! Maybe we can all pool together to buy you a ladder when its done! :lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

i enjoy reading this thread :-)
thanks for all the comments! i haven't decided yet.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I have thought of putting it permanently back in my house in JB where I have the garage, the land and a darker sky for it.
WOW!! Boss... "Not beautiful" leh... got good place to obs never invite us... :P :P :P :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I have thought of putting it permanently back in my house in JB where I have the garage, the land and a darker sky for it.
WOW!! Boss... "Not beautiful" leh... got good place to obs never invite us... :P :P :P :P

Have a nice day.
aiyah bro...the sky is darker ...but definitely not Mersing grade. You won't be interested one la. Afterall JB is quite near to Singapore.

But that's the home I started with a 40 mm refractor 21 years ago. After 21 years the sky is brighter but still better than now here.
rlow

Post by rlow »

my house in JB where I have the garage, the land and a darker sky for it.
Why you never invite us there to ob? We have been doing recce trips looking for a quick nearby ob site in JB and you just keep quiet.... Hmm
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

rlow wrote:
my house in JB where I have the garage, the land and a darker sky for it.
Why you never invite us there to ob? We have been doing recce trips looking for a quick nearby ob site in JB and you just keep quiet.... Hmm
same reason like what I said to weixing
rlow

Post by rlow »

Just kidding lah, Vincent! Do you know any good dark ob site in Johor state? Ian and I want to recce for one.
rlow

Post by rlow »

i enjoy reading this thread
thanks for all the comments! i haven't decided yet.
Arief, its ok to be more than "a little bit of Steve"! We can understand! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Richard, I might trade my 10" for an FS-128. Then sell the FS-128 to acquire the 14.5". I'll do that AFTER I see your 15" structure :D :D
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Aiyah! Arief, Just take over the 16" project!