roll-off roof under construction...

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
kingkong

roll-off roof under construction...

Post by kingkong »

what's the long truss for...?

reinforcement...?

hmm...

cheapie wheels...

my wife & her colleague helping out...

i hope that won't get blown away...

better hook it down....

it's safer for him than for me to do that...

almost...
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Cool.... !
Wee Nghee the Pooh
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Nice... :) :) But are you going to do imaging up there?? I think it may be best for you to make a remote control telescope if you going to mount your telescope up there and use it for imaging.... so that you don't need to be up there when you start imaging.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

hi Weixing,
thank you for the suggestion.
i hope to eventually setup for remote guiding and imaging but it's ok as it is because the deck is in my backyard and the pier, and the pillar that support the pier, is seperate from the deck so vibration from movement on the deck will not affect the telescope. the pier is not rock solid but is as good if not better than a standard tripod on solid ground.
my biggest challenge is the worsening light polution around my house and the raining-season-haze-season cycles that've been prevailing for the past few years... :-(
i will be away until end of oct, so everything will have to wait...

:)
rlow

Post by rlow »

This is an interesting project! Why is your pier not rock solid? Also, maybe you can consider some structural reinforcements, especially at the cantilevered end.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

rlow, my concrete pillar is reinforced and is good enough for the purpose, so far... i said it's not rock solid because it's is grounded on a 5 ton concrete pad...