Inside out: the Megrez

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
anat

Post by anat »

The foam is definitely not knife-edged enough to stop stray light. I think the protostar flocking paper would work better. Televue has no baffles but a flocking paper.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Is it only the Megrez 90 has foam baffles? Which WO products have foam baffles?
AstroDuck
jermng

Post by jermng »

I think the Megrez 90 has knife edge metal baffles. It was only the Meg 80SD and early Megs that had the foam but after many complains and musings in the forum, WO listened and used metal.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I used an 80SD for almost 2 years and never found any problems with the foam baffles though. I mean, it was a "semi-apo" so I didn't have any complains. :) The focuser was sweet though. :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

I have done the APOgrade for this scope. The sharpness increase is really addictive!

The foam baffles might not be that effective in reducing field flooding.

Anyway, I have the "semi-apo" lens left over from the upgrade. Anybody who wants it can have it at S$100 for ATM projects.

Yes, when the focuser tension screws are adjusted tight enough, its smooth and strong. When the nylon screws are tightened just right, the "camera angle adjuster" works smoothly also!

Thanks.
Meng Lee

For people who are interested in getting the lens for ATM

Post by Meng Lee »

The semi-apo lens for ATM people to try out!
Sorry about the dust on the lens :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.