Just another mirror in Singastro

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
This high end mirror, can we use it for pimple detection??
Yap... it can even help you get rid of your pimple 1.5m away if you put it under the sun... this is call "Solar Thermal Pimple Removal Surgery" ha ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Even if the structure is not ready, I think i will still bring the mirror on the next mersing trip to boil some eggs under the sun for breakfast :D :D
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

ariefm71 wrote:Even if the structure is not ready, I think i will still bring the mirror on the next mersing trip to boil some eggs under the sun for breakfast :D :D
Promise? I will bring some eggs and turkey bacon :) :mrgreen:
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Even if the structure is not ready, I think i will still bring the mirror on the next mersing trip to boil some eggs under the sun for breakfast
With the structure, it'll be easier... insert the egg in your eyepiece holder and tighten the thumb screw, but you can only cook 1.25" or 2" eggs.... ha ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

While you guys are at it, why not boil some coffee as well? :lol:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Those that require urgent pimple treatment (Wee Nghee?) can insert the pimple into the eyepiece holder, tighten the thumb screw, and point the scope to the sun. The pimple will gone in a few seconds :D :D :D
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Make sure you collimate the mirror, or it will miss the pimple!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

First there must be a 2" circle template and centre dotted. Place the pimple into the dot. If scope is collimated correctly and focused it will hit the pimple. Else, the circle template will burn up. :mrgreen:
AstroDuck
mitoo

good quality mirror

Post by mitoo »

hi,

good quality mirror...but i am wondering how u goign to make tube for this? use open type...?

i dn't know u need atleast 14 inch dia...tube...

how about the mount? ha.....ha....the main problem...with be the mount...

anyway dn't want to dspoint you...go for it...just do it... what kinnds of mount u are thinking for this..?
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
good quality mirror...but i am wondering how u goign to make tube for this? use open type...?

i dn't know u need atleast 14 inch dia...tube...

how about the mount? ha.....ha....the main problem...with be the mount...

anyway dn't want to dspoint you...go for it...just do it... what kinnds of mount u are thinking for this..?
Err... I don't think Ariefm is going to make a close tube scope... It'll most likely a truss tube Dobsonian.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing