DIY Remote shutter trigger for Digital Cameras

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
chrisyeo

DIY Remote shutter trigger for Digital Cameras

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi

Anyone interested in giving it a try and seeing if it works? Looks simple enough:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Remote- ... n-Cameras/
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

heh, actually i was looking for a program for my phone to ir trigger the camera. i'll see how i can connect the handsfree to the camera. the connector on the d70s look like some mini usb plug

~MooEy~
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

goodness gracious. it cost a few dollars to make but you need to buy the parts, and wire them correctly. for $15-$20, you can buy them ready made, so why bother?
Search for "pq23" on clubsnap. I bought mine from him.. He also sells an infrared version for only $5 more!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

haha, it's not hard to find a spare handsfree in ur drawer mah. i have one unopened somemore. original nokia handsfree. just need cut abit wire here and there and can use liao mah. but too bad the d70s uses different plug. not the 2.5mm.

~MooEy~
loneoceans

Post by loneoceans »

Actually you can just buy a 2.5mm stereo plug, some wires, and a switch and hook it up. There are only 6 possible different combitions so it's easy to test and you can buy the components for under $2 at Sim Lim Tower, maybe add another $4 for bus fares and an ice-cream from the ice-cream man! Not bad I say, and I'm going to make one as soon as I buy the stereo jack!
boothee

Post by boothee »

Interesting . . . Anyone tried ?

I have one Nokia handsfree which I don't use. Thinking of making one for me.

:)
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.