Make your own Telescope by Reg Spry

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Ekezial

Make your own Telescope by Reg Spry

Post by Ekezial »

while cleaning up my old stuff i found this old book which i got from my father when i was 11 years old. This book is as old as me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
rlow

Post by rlow »

Very interesting! I have not seen this book before... could you let me have a look at it?
Richard Low
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

I remember this book when I was a little boy. I saw it in some of the old astro mags. Never got a chance or money to buy it then.

The other very old book is this book called "practical astronomy with your calculator". I think some of you should remember this book. It was fun those days to be able to calculate simple thing like moon rise, azimuth or altitude of certain stars, etc. Very long process but fun. Today, you can just use the PC of course!
starfinder

Post by starfinder »

This is a little off-topic...

I just did a search on Google on the words "Make your own Telescope, Reg Spry" and surprise surprise, this very thread (started only yesterday) was displayed as the first two search results.

We're being monitored!

By contrast, I did a search yesterday on SPH's new Singapore-centered search engine Rednano on the word "Astronomy". Amazingly, the top search result was for lingerie (what?). Nowhere are Singastro or TASOS to be found on the 1st or 2nd pages of results. Rednano claims that they are so Singapore-centred that if you entered "Tiger" for example, they will display links to the airline and the beer. Well, I think they've still got plenty of R&D to do.