Needed: 60mm (internal Diameter) PVC pipe

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Grievous

Needed: 60mm (internal Diameter) PVC pipe

Post by Grievous »

Anyone know where can i get around 10cm of the above mentioned item? Need it to replace my spoilt finder bracket. Planning to do a 6-point finder bracket and modify my 8x50 finder to an illuminated one.

Charlie
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Most plumbing shops (some along Jln besar) sell these PVC pipes, but they go by ext diameter instead of int diameter.

Kay Heem
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Hrm...i think i could try them, but i think they sell by the metre right?
Thanks anyway!

Charlie
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Grievous wrote:Hrm...i think i could try them, but i think they sell by the metre right?
Thanks anyway!

Charlie
There are 2 different types of PVC pipes. I think the white ones are a bit thinner-walled, while the grey ones are thicker. The smaller shops will allow you to pro-rate it to the nearest foot length. They are quite cheap, so buying the whole metre won't make much difference. May be a good idea to buy more in case of mistakes.

Kay Heem
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Argh~ i need thick ones but its grey! Does not go well with my FLT's pearly white finish...hrmm...looks like im gonna make a few of them and paint them all pearly white!

Charlie
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Ok, finally settle for a 100mm(Int diameter) tube. Length of 200mm. Finally decided to make it to hold my finderscope up to a guidescope of a 85mm tube. Gonna fabricate it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Charlie