Aluminium coating system (PVD)

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Aaron

Aluminium coating system (PVD)

Post by Aaron »

Hi Members,

I'm doing my new project called Physical Vacuum Deposition system or shortcut PVD.
Coating glasses up to 12" (in near future up to 18") with pure aluminum, gold or silver with oxide coatings. So far i collect all the necessary items, only thing left for me is to make the vacuum chamber to fit 12" glass and some $$ :)
I can also coat lenses with EBPVD Electron Beam Physical Vacuum Deposition. with any desire coating AR coating IR filter coating, UV filter coating, hard coating and many more.
It was my dream to this coating system for long time ago but that time circumstances don't allow me to fulfill my dreams now im almost there:))
The thing is in Singapore is very hard to get some item like diffusion pump oil I contact the local company but they don't sell to individual people like me they need company and its very expensive 1 liter cost S$700 up to S$2000 way to expensive for silicon based non toxic oil, overseas selling 1 liter S$ 150 with shipping but again i cannot buy because of the customs not allowed. Im still searching for this kind of oil, is there anyone who know company selling please let me know.

Regards,
Aaron
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

That is really bizarre that there is a customs restriction on the import of silicon based oils.

Did you manage to find out the reason for such controls?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yes, I checked them they said need proper documents under registered company dealing with chemicals.
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

If you are either desperate enuff or really keen on this, I would suggest that you spent around 50-60 SGD to register for a sole proprietor company. That will give you the registered company status to handle the chemical.

You can always close the company anytime.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Hi andeelym,

I was also thinking to do that is not the 50, 60 dollars. I spent already 9000+, The problem start from where and how to store the chemicals in HDB flat, they need proper place and must be inspected before storing the stuffs, second thing is im a EP holder. :(
I can order almost all the things but come to chemicals they asking for papers. Maybe I just order and see whats going to happen if the customs hold on it i just lost my S$150.