Where to buy reclining deck chair?

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
10,000rpm

Where to buy reclining deck chair?

Post by 10,000rpm »

I have just re-armed myself with a pair of binos - a Nikon 12x50 Action series - as I could not put right the mis-collimation of my Panda brand Chinese 10x50 binos.

I have gone to Carrefour and Giant to look for a reclining deck chair which they sell every now and then but had no luck. Anyone here can point me to one so that I can make a mount of sorts and enjoy 3D views of the cosmos again. [smilie=admire.gif]

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Tampines Court should have it and probably Ikea too. [smilie=cool.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
10,000rpm

Post by 10,000rpm »

Thanks much. I should mention that they must be light and foldable for easy storage.
crandf

Post by crandf »

At Tampines Ave 4, Blk 801, there's an army supplies type of store that also sells outdoor gear including at least 2 types of reclining deck chairs 1-2 mths ago. Can't remember price, think it was $20+ to $30+? I was looking for reclining deck chairs too.... :)
10,000rpm

Post by 10,000rpm »

Many thanks Crandf. Will check it out this weekend.
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Can't remember whats it called and didn't save the web link, but I've seen some DIY a stand where your bino can affix to pointed down at 45 degrees and looking into a mirror which is reflecting the night sky! It was made out of ply and fastened with bolts which can be broken down for easy storage. The gazer sits in a chair and the stand is either on his lap or a low table looking down into the bino. Less neck strain. But a good quality mirror is needed though.
Just a suggestion for your consideration down the road!
Lemme see if I can find the webpage again!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
10,000rpm

Post by 10,000rpm »

Hi. I know of that set up. Maybe one day I might consider it. Cheers!
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Anything DIY is always fun to make or attempt even..lol!
I was considering something like that for my daughter as the ply is easy to get as well as some bolts with butterfly wing nuts or better. Some cutting, sanding and varnishing/painting will make it look professional! Looking into a bino down the road to,....now need a good mirror. Waiting for someone to break one...haha!

Good luck in all that you do though!! Cheers
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
10,000rpm

Post by 10,000rpm »

I have two DIY projects currently. In fact I am going to Defu Lane soon to buy some wood. Glad to hear u are also into DIY. Rlow is the other.

U live near me. Someday we can ob together. There are some large fields in our area. Good of u to get your daughter involved. My two girls are totally disinterested. My wife enjoys it though.
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

DIY's are Fun....time permitting..lol! I work in the Loyang Offshore supply base and often become a 'Karang guni'..haha! Wooden pallets make great flower pot stands everywhere...and some shelves, etc etc.
Where in Pasir Ris?? I'm at the 140+ to 150 area..near Loyang Ave! I normally Ob at the field nearby, multi storey carpark next door or mostly the HDB observertory (aka: home window)
My daughter has her moods. Can't get to technical but just show and let them 'ooooh'. My wife...errr, she was skeptical as to what can be seen but after Saturn, she has silent interest..HAHA! She only complains on my expensive hobby habits which happen to be both optical..Photography and now Astronomy.

Drop me a PM if you wanna meet for coffee to plan or just ramble!