poor man's plywood half-pier

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Ok,..lemme go check with the fabricators I meet at work. Fear it may be expensive as metal is anyway. These guys at work fabricate metal for Offshore works and the industry....so may have some scraps here and there or better contacts. No promises, but lemme ask around. I'll also see if they can form the dovetail as they have lathe machines.
I just picked up a small pipe with double flange to make a small pier at my balcony. Only reason I'm trying this is to get a little more sky view upwards without the top window frame cutting me off from the dark parts of the sky! If this works, I'll post it up!

Epoxy on airplanes....not laughing...it is true. There are many grades of epoxy with varying stiffness and adhesion! It's getting the mix right..lol!

Will let you know!! Till then!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!