My 330$ 10inch parabolic mirror+coating is done

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
dragoncai2008

My 330$ 10inch parabolic mirror+coating is done

Post by dragoncai2008 »

a few months ago, I put a post here that said I ordered a 10inch 1/20 wavelength mirror from a china mirror master for S$330. now the mirror is done.I will collect the mirror next time when I go to China.

actually I went to visit the mirror master in June, Mr.Sue, who's very famous in the society of China amateur astronomers. I spent half day in his workshop to test his mirrors, such as the experiments of raster, knife-edge and needle hole testing.

I put some photos I took, I did not bring my Nikon D90, all the photos taken by a Canon IXUS 65 digital consumer camera. so I could not record the image of knife-edge and needle hole observation view.

Mr. Sue told me when his laser interferometer is completed, he will be able to give a formal test report for every piece of his mirrors.

I will now start to DIY my 10" f5 Newtorian reflector and will put more photos once the job's done. by that time, will invite you to bring out your brand telescopes to do comparative observatory tests.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Like DIY.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
You should post it under DIY Astronomy... not buy and sell... unless you are selling this mirror.

Anyway, will move the thread to DIY sub-forum.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
dragoncai2008

Post by dragoncai2008 »

oops, hehe, sorry, i made a mistake to put onto the wrong place. thanks for the moving. [smilie=good-luck.gif]
I Like DIY.