Leonid Meteor Shower

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I remember reading that Singapore will not be the best place to view it and even then, would be best only in the early morning...anyone can confirm this?
if sky clear, would like to pop by Dempsey for a session unless SP Astro club also organising one at poly....it has been quite a while since SP activated one ob session...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

just an additional info , the max number of meteors would be around 10-15 per hour even under the best skies. yeah... so... dun have high hopes because last year was the leonids meteor storm. we will only have leonids meteor shower this year =(.

info taken from Sky & Tele
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

hehe...sp currently having examn so the club committe is quite busy :wink: Hmm I not very sure on what is the best date for this leonid shower, but just to let ya people know that on the 22nd Nov, SP astro will be conducting an overnight session at east coast for sp students.
Unless ya all think that by this date we would have missed the shower, i suggest singastro members are free to join us!(hopefully sam the club president dun mind..I havnt consulted him =x )
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers