10-hour sky satellite images

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Devilname

10-hour sky satellite images

Post by Devilname »

Hi all, I done a javascript web page to do an animation of the satellite images over the region of singapore in asia. Hope this can help all in knowing what are the status of the clouds in our region is like. The script updates itself hourly and images are taken from the NEA website.

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~reality7/a.html
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~reality7/b.html

Now 15-hour images are available too!
Last edited by Devilname on Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: 10-hour sky satellite images

Post by Airconvent »

Devilname wrote:Hi all, I done a javascript web page to do an animation of the satellite images over the region of singapore in asia. Hope this can help all in knowing what are the status of the clouds in our region is like. The script updates itself hourly and images are taken from the NEA website.

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~reality7/a.html
Hi,
Thanks for effort but it does not seem to load in Netscape...
anyway, for netscape users,. you can make do with a single image from the source instead located here :

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=1454

cheers!
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Hrrm, from the excellent java applet u created...i predict we'll have great skies for the next 2 days!

Maybe we should hold a competition here to find out who's more accurate in predicting the weather. Winner could get a sponsered item from our dear beloved dealers (how about that?!?), and be our SingAstro weatherman! With anything that crops up, blame it on the weatherman! :D

Just a suggestion though.
Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Grievous wrote:Hrrm, from the excellent java applet u created...i predict we'll have great skies for the next 2 days!

Maybe we should hold a competition here to find out who's more accurate in predicting the weather. Winner could get a sponsered item from our dear beloved dealers (how about that?!?), and be our SingAstro weatherman! With anything that crops up, blame it on the weatherman! :D

Just a suggestion though.
Charlie
Hi Charlie,
How did you come to this conclusion..? the overall pic (I can't see his applets as it is IE-biaised.) from the site seems to suggest no letting up in the clouds.
instead, why not we all arrange to meet regardless of clear skies or not (unless it rains), so we can have an equipment fest in the event of bad skies..

rich
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Yea, agree on the equipment fest! But i felt i got niche for predicting weather this few months (probably because im living so high up, i can see oncoming clouds!). But then, need to clear my papers first before i can do anything!! darn, so stressed about exams!!!! I need some starlight to unwind!!!!

>_<
Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Grievous wrote:Yea, agree on the equipment fest! But i felt i got niche for predicting weather this few months (probably because im living so high up, i can see oncoming clouds!). But then, need to clear my papers first before i can do anything!! darn, so stressed about exams!!!! I need some starlight to unwind!!!!

>_<
Charlie
sad to say the sky is so bad with likelihood of rain that the session tonight could not proceed... :cry:
hopefully it would be better next week...

rich