Singastro JuMparty on 5 Aug

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

How many people are bringing their scopes? Will the people in Tiong Bahru MRT or surrounding area know about this event?
AstroDuck
rlow

Post by rlow »

ok, here is our current plan: liuming brings the 115 scope, I bring the sphinx, and david brings the car! :)
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Canopus Lim wrote:How many people are bringing their scopes? Will the people in Tiong Bahru MRT or surrounding area know about this event?
Should have at least 6 scopes if nobody pulls out at the last minute.

No, there is no external publicity for this event.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
hlyf

Post by hlyf »

Hrm we can do our own publicity ba..
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Hi, can i join? I haven't got a scope but I'll bring drinks... :P
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

hlyf wrote:Hrm we can do our own publicity ba..
Ha ha... done that! Besides wife, and the other wife (my scope), I have a colleague and her neighbour coming. They live in Tanglin Halt area, so they are eager to come since Tiong Bahru is near.

My 80mm refractor will be brought for all to share... but I am still considering to bring the heavier 6" classical cassegrain... I have yet to compare it with the refractor on field tests.

Cheers!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Astroboy wrote:Hi, can i join? I haven't got a scope but I'll bring drinks... :P
I think that's the most important item!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

My luck has been bad for all this astro events, this saturday, again, i have to attend an event that i cannot miss.....there goes my hobby again. :(
i will support you all in remote...if not i will have help arief bring his cannon.
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hannah has put together an information sheet about the Mars Hoax. The word document can be found here: http://chrisyeojs.googlepages.com/Marshoax2006 or if you just want to read it online, here: http://chrisyeojs.googlepages.com/MarsHoax2006.jpg

Klutz,
Thanks for offering to help to print. It would be really good if you could! I have some starcharts too.. at about 15-20 copies each, are you sure it will be ok?

Thanks Hannah and Klutz/Kat/Cat/Catherine? :P
Last edited by chrisyeo on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

...if not i will have help arief bring his cannon.
Thanks Chee Yiun, really appreciate it! :D