Singastro JuMparty on 5 Aug

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Chris, i can't see the mars hoax document. It says 403 forbidden.

I didn't know the hoax is around again! One of my juniors was asking me about it, and i thought nothing of it. omg, should have taught her so that she can help stop the rumours >.<

I am going, but i can't bring my scope; due to some issues, i'm now (excused upper limb in army language). I can't lift anything heavier than 2kg.. If someone comes to my home and help me bring it there and back i'll gladly bring the scope!

Maybe next year we should start an "anti-Mars-hoax" chain letter. Just a thought :)
klutz

Post by klutz »

Klutz,
Thanks for offering to help to print. It would be really good if you could! I have some starcharts too.. at about 15-20 copies each, are you sure it will be ok?

Thanks Hannah and Klutz/Kat/Cat/Catherine?
Hi Chris, I'm happy to help!! So, I shall print the documents in the link? And you will pass me the star charts?? Let me know aye! You have my contact! :)

I've also invited some of my colleagues and friends, hope they'd be free to join us :roll: (The weather better not be too cloudy!)

And again, my name is.... "KAT". 8-)
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Ok! I'm done! Please review and give comments.

CC, how many should we print for each? Can I leave it to you to decide?

Kat, thanks for helping print! CC will tell you how many.. :)

p.s. The Mar hoax 2006 brochure was posted previously. Just in case there are problems accessing them, they are also available in this folder - http://www.box.net/public/65o6tb5p6n

Cheers,
Last edited by chrisyeo on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hlyf

Post by hlyf »

Hmm... chris, the formatting seems to be a bit out after changing to 3 column.. i attach the 2 diff versions here anyway, with singastro logo, u guys decide lah hor.. the first one is meant to be double sided on A5 size, the second one (V2) is single side on A4 size.. :P

Eh, and CC, I may not be able to bring scope, cos i got some outing to ECP that day.. cannot lug scope whole day lah.. I see if can work sth out :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siahheng

Post by siahheng »

Hi, just wondering if we need to apply for a permit for this public gathering since it is in a public park and not some empty field or school??
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

It's just an informal gathering and not a public event... :)
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

You can download these updated brochures here: http://www.box.net/public/65o6tb5p6n

Imagepreview
Imagepreview
ImagePreview
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Should have at least 6 scopes if nobody pulls out at the last minute.
If someone pick me up, I'll bring my big "gun". If no, I'll bring my small "gun"... :P :P :P

Have a nice day
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

siahheng wrote:Hi, just wondering if we need to apply for a permit for this public gathering since it is in a public park and not some empty field or school??
If we do not actively solicit the public or put up advertising of any manner to the public, it should be OK to treat this as an informal gathering of friends who share a common interest.

Of course we would not mind if curious members of the public wants to have a peek at the sky through our scopes.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

alvinsclee wrote: If we do not actively solicit the public or put up advertising of any manner to the public, it should be OK to treat this as an informal gathering of friends who share a common interest.

Of course we would not mind if curious members of the public wants to have a peek at the sky through our scopes.
Agreed, this is meant as an event for forum members and friends.

Hannah, no worries if you can't bring a scope as we will have enough for the evening.

Kat, 10-20 copies will be enough. We can share the handouts. :)

cheers
cc
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!