Farewell Singapore!!

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Jeremy

Farewell Singapore!!

Post by Jeremy »

Dear Singastro,

Well, I am in my final week before I leave Singapore for good. It's been a fantastic 4 years here, made much more enjoyable by the camaraderie of the local astronomers. I'd like to thank you all for making it so wonderful!

What pleases me most is the healthy state of amateur astronomy in Singapore. There are astronomers of all ages represented and it's great to see so many younger ones who are really keen on the hobby. I have also been impressed by the way many of the experienced people have gone of their way to encourage newcomers. It's been my pleasure to observe with many of you and I have always been impressed by the enthusiasm for observing you show, even in the small gaps between the clouds. You certainly don't let the light pollution and cloudy weather get you down!

Although I will be going back to the UK (after 11 years of wandering), I certainly plan to stay in touch with the Singapore astro scene remotely. And if I get the chance to visit in the future, I'd certainly like to have an observing session with you for old time's sake!

I have some very fond memories to take with me. And thanks once again for your astro-hospitality.

Please keep in touch,
Jeremy
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Jeremy,
Sad to see you go...there'll be one fewer participant for our sessions!
Hope to continue to "see" you on the net. do continue to log in and post your great astro efforts here!
Bon Voyage...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets