ASTRO IMAGE PROCESSING SEMINAR

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Can the lesson be recorded as a video and posted on the site for those who can't make it?
siahheng

Post by siahheng »

count me in!

siah heng
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

i will join in!
chee yiun
boothee

Post by boothee »

kayheem wrote:Can the lesson be recorded as a video and posted on the site for those who can't make it?
Very good idea! I agree!

;O)
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
ian0138

Post by ian0138 »

Count me in as well

IAN
ian0138

Post by ian0138 »

Sorry, can not make it due to last minute family obligation.... :cry:

IAN
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi all,
Here is the link that provides the NUS map
http://www.nus.edu.sg/campusmap/
From there, to find out the exact location, search for "Department of Physics". There will be a star marked out for you which shows S12. The actual workshop session is held at the adjacent block, S13. For those driving, you may drive into Science Park Drive 3, and park your car at the carpark. Take the lift from S12, stop at level 2, and walk across the S12-S13 connecting bridge, over to S13 side. Move on to room 14, otherwise known as S13-02-14. See you there!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

I would like to thank Remus for organizing this session tonight. I certainly did learn a lot! For the first time, I'm doing something useful with my Photoshop instead of just using the filters! I started with Maxim/DL and using Photoshop for astroimages is new to me.

Good work and thanks!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
siahheng

Post by siahheng »

Remus did a fantastic job of explaining the theory and practical aspects of photoshop for astroimaging.

Thanks Remus. :)
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Yes Remus was great at teaching both the theory and the practical aspects of it. I regretted going for it late, but it couldn't be helped as i booked out late :( Still, thanks again Remus! I'll play around with raw pictures posted here until i get my own camera :lol: