ASTRO IMAGE PROCESSING SEMINAR

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

A very impressive session indeed. Remus demonstrated depth of understanding as well as an incredible patience to explain in detail what must be to him very simple stuff ! :-) The use of the image itself as an inverted mask to "protect" the stars while blurring the rest of the image was fantastic - a very useful and powerful method indeed. I hope that there will be more sessions on his other "guru" topics ?!
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Thank you Remus for sharing your knowledge and experience. Really appreciate it. It's one thing to read everything from the net, but quite another to see how its all done put-together.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Thank Remus for the easy to understand seminar, very professionally done.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Very busy on Friday, so miss the lecture... :( :(

Hmm... may be Remus can post his lecture for the benifit of those that can't attend the lecture... "no fish got prawn also good"... :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

Yes, thank you Remus for organising a very polished and well-conducted session. You have shared your vast experience and explained terms and concepts in simple terms that a newbie like me can understand. Thank you!
Jingguo

Post by Jingguo »

yup, many thanks to Remus for organising this astro image processing session. its realli an eye opener. it certainly clear up alot of stuff on image processing and better than reading up a book without knowing what is actually happening. many thanks to Remus again.
ALPiNe

Post by ALPiNe »

Thanks Remus for the initiative. Such seminars will truly benefit our local astronomical community a great deal in the long run. Do keep these seminars coming. :)

Cheers,
- ALPiNe
.- .-.. .--. .. -. .
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

mm...lots of generic comments but no report of the event.
So can anyone feedback on the proceedings and u-load some pics?
Seems Remus' talk has been good, as usual! I think he did it from a new Macbook since he is a Mac fan? :wink:
I was unable to make it as it clashed with something I had on....sigh...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

should have taken a video for this.
river

Post by river »

Applause!!

Thanks Remus for the high quality seminar, it is amazing that I am in such seminar for FREE and I had learn so much than those paid seminar.. haha

Remus, you can open a Image Processing Training Center liao. I will be one of your 1st batch student... haha

Workshop training is very different from video training, you have to be there to appreciate it. It is like a group of friends having fun and learning together. After all, it is in Singapore not US or Japan!