Partial Lunar Eclipse of 08 September 2006

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
boothee

Post by boothee »

Some of Myanmar observers. We observed from rooftop.

:D
boothee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

Hi,
There will be a Partial Lunar Eclipse at 08 September 2006 (Singapore Local Time). Timing are as follow:
Hi,
Weixing are you doing any observing tonight if the sky is clear? :D

Cheers
Amin
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

The picture of the moon is so beautiful! My friends and stayed up to see it, i could spot it but they couldn't.. I insisted it was an eclipse.. They told me i must be crazy cause they saw nothing happening..It was so funny, they thought it was clouds or something...:) can't wait for the march 4 one!~ This time, it'll turn red!:)
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Ok. Here is the view from Singapore. I had to fight the haze, high clouds, low clouds, light pollution and one persistent mosquito!

The pictures are taken in between my astrophotography sessions using my SonyEricsson K750i Handphone. The other pictures taken from my scope will come later... very sleepy now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
boothee

Post by boothee »

C0MMAND wrote:And Andrew you mean your handphone camera can actually photo so much details on the moon? On most phones it'll just be a point of light... Wow...
I think he capture those moon photos through telescope using his handphone!
They are nice photos indeed!

:)
boothee
Last edited by boothee on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
boothee

Post by boothee »

Sorry double post!
:wink:
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Ok, this is a first-draft of a mosaic...
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

boothee wrote:
C0MMAND wrote:And Andrew you mean your handphone camera can actually photo so much details on the moon? On most phones it'll just be a point of light... Wow...
I think he capture those moon photos through telescope using his handphone!
They are nice photos indeed!

:)
boothee
Yes, Boothee is correct. I use the handphone to capture the image from the eyepiece. Sorry for the confusion!
boothee

Post by boothee »

sorry again!
Last edited by boothee on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boothee

Post by boothee »

Tachyon wrote:Ok, this is a first-draft of a mosaic...
Wow . . . :shock: :shock: :shock:
Prime Focus ?? Looking forward to see more . . .
Cheers !!
boothee