Partial Lunar Eclipse of 08 September 2006

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Boothee... So which one is you?? Or you are behind the camera?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
boothee

Post by boothee »

HelloWeixing,

You can find me easily. I'm the one who is sitting in the middle with red shirt and trying to take .avi using computer.

:mrgreen:
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

hi all, here's my shots taken from Indonesia.

using Canon 350Rebel, prime focus on 80mm f/7.5 (OrionED). ISO 100, (1/500 and 1s speed layered in Photoshop).

ps: d@mn those mosquitoes

clear skies,

Jeff

edit: i've reattached the image, i hope this one works :), apologies for the trouble everyone :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aquillae on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Seem like you all had took some nice pictures... So remember to submit for the SingAstroPhotography Challenge 2006... :D

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

wow, everyone saw the eclipse.. i'm outfield that day working like mad and no time to look up at all.. Okay i had a small glimpse around 2am, i saw a minor part of the moon eclipsed, but i didn't get to view the whole process :(

Good job for those who actually took such nice pictures to show those who couldn't see the eclipse for themselves! Thanks!
boothee

Post by boothee »

aquillae wrote:hi all, here's my shots taken from Indonesia.
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I can't see the picture you attached. I'm the only one who can't see that pic? I don't know what happen. I tried with both Firefox Mozilla and IE. Still can't see.
:(
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

same here command and boothee, cant see the picture
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

i've edited my post, i hope you can see the pic now. :)
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

More pictures of craters taken within the penumbral shadow...

Last edited by Tachyon on Thu May 31, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

As you can see, adjusting the brighness is not easy as the craters not in the penumbra will be overexposed...

Last edited by Tachyon on Thu May 31, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]