Contribute an article & win a poster! [Contest Closed]

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Contribute an article & win a poster! [Contest Closed]

Post by acc »

SingAstro is soliciting contributions from all members to our new Astronomy FAQ/Articles sub-forum which has been created by popular demand.

The contributed article can touch on anything and everything related to astronomy and star-gazing/astrophotography, and need not necessarily be in a quesion-and-answer format. Members are welcomed to edit/embellish their previous posts for contribution. Images and illustrations are encouraged. There is no restriction on article length but adminstrators reserve the right to edit for clarity and facts. Equipment reviews posted to the Reviews section are also eligible. All contributions must be original works of the member.

The top (and only prize... :lol: ) is a full colour astronomy poster of various planets and DSOs worth $30.

Winner will be selected by the administrators and/or via a poll.

Contest ends 1 May 2004.

Cheers
Chee Chien
Last edited by acc on Tue May 11, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Contribute an article & win a poster!

Post by VinSnr »

acc wrote:SingAstro is soliciting contributions from all members to our new Astronomy FAQ/Articles sub-forum which has been created by popular demand.

The contributed article can touch on anything and everything related to astronomy and star-gazing/astrophotography, and need not necessarily be in a quesion-and-answer format. Members are welcomed to edit/embellish their previous posts for contribution. Images and illustrations are encouraged. There is no restriction on article length but adminstrators reserve the right to edit for clarity and facts.

The top (and only prize... :lol: ) is a full colour astronomy poster of various planets and DSOs worth $30.

Winner will be selected by the administrators and/or via a poll.

Contest ends 1 May 2004.

Cheers
Chee Chien
are the submission of reviews counted?
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

Hmmm.... Think that's a good idea. My post has been edited to include equip reviews.

cheers
cc
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

Contest winner will be announced on Sunday. Stay tuned! :)
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

Hi all!
The winner of the contest is.... Kay Heem for his FAQ on Telescope Buying. Read the article at http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?t=32

Kay Heem, congrats! Please contact me for the collection of the poster, either at 20, Science Park Drive or 1, Delta Aveue.

cheers
Chee Chien
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

Congrats, kayheem for your originality of your article.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

acc wrote:Hi all!
The winner of the contest is.... Kay Heem for his FAQ on Telescope Buying. Read the article at http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?t=32

Kay Heem, congrats! Please contact me for the collection of the poster, either at 20, Science Park Drive or 1, Delta Aveue.

cheers
Chee Chien
Thanks, Chee Chien. I hope the article can be made 'sticky' or easily available where newbies can take a look at it and need not ask "Which telescope should I buy?"

I will SMS or email you for collection.

Kay Heem
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

made it stickly liao.

cheers
cc
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

heh heh...so much experience, sweat and blood put into it, Kay Heem deserved to win...!
Congrats...sorry for the belated greetings..only just read the announcement!
Anyway, for the rest, the contest is over but sinagstro lives on...so do keep your articles coming! Maybe in the future when CC upgrade to a 16" Portaball, he will offer his 8" as a prize! :lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

Congrats, Kay Heem.

It is a superb article... so good that I repeated it in my own forum post, linking it back to Chee Chien's sticky post as well.

Thanks for the hard work which benefits all newcomers to amateur astronomy.