Regarding the posting of pictures/photos

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
nF
Administrator

Regarding the posting of pictures/photos

Post by nF »

Guys and girls, if you want to upload pictures/photos onto the forum, please upload your pictures/photos to our website's photo album then link the pictures/photos to the forum. Those who did not comply will have the pictures/photos for that particular topic deleted. Thank you.

Regards,
Tan Yong Quan
Last edited by nF on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

Ok, just for info, wat is the max space given to one user to post PICS 10MB or ...?
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

no limit.
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

tks, i was about to post some pics, just now, i sure the remeber this rule.
Are you mentioning about posting pics in the Personal Gallery right ?
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

No, I am talking about don't upload the pictures/photos using the attachment thingy, upload to the photo album instead then if you want people to refer to the pictures/photos from the forum you are typing, just add a link to the pictures/photos.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

NovaFusion wrote:No, I am talking about don't upload the pictures/photos using the attachment thingy, upload to the photo album instead then if you want people to refer to the pictures/photos from the forum you are typing, just add a link to the pictures/photos.
Hi Yong Quan,
Personally I feel that its ok to post pics in the astrophotography forums as long as posters keep the images below , say, 30K size each. I have squeezed some of mine down to 8K size even! The reason being that it is much easier to look at the pics immediately then having to navigate back and forth when looking at the pics. However, I do agree that replying by "quote" is a no-no as it merely duplicates the image and waste space...what do you think?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets