ASTRONOMY 2008

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Before i forget, here is a short summary of who's who for the event:

Note: All volunteers and speakers will be carrying a name tag for easy identification.

Reception Head - Hong Yuan. Please obtain your pamphlets from her at the Reception or any of the ladies present there. Please do not forget to get your Lucky Draw raffle tickets as well. There are two portions, keep one part for yourself, and dip the other part into the Lucky Draw Box at the Reception. All are eligible for the Lucky Draw (including A2008 Crew Volunteers), except for myself.

Logistics Head - Zong Yao. He is helping to oversee all the logistics together with the Logistics sub-crew, and the transportation of certain optical instruments. He will be quite busy on that day so please be easy on him.

Observing Crew Head - Meng Lee. He will be overseeing the Solar Gazing sessions held at the courtyards and the evening stargazing session at SMU. If you have a solar scope to contribute and share, please look for him.

MC - Wei-Lin. She will be the MC for the event, and will make periodic announcements on activities held during A2008. Look out for her and her voice! :-)

Cheers!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

As promised many weeks back, i am trying to release a simple almanac-like software for the local community here and Malaysia (or time zone GMT +8). Here is a sneak preview of the interface. It show the position of the Jovian moons and Jupiter information for a given time. This is for the location of Teluk Sari in Malaysia in this screenshot. A2008 Attendees can get to fiddle with the software at one of the table booths where the laptops are. On a later date, I will upload the zip package to my website for ease of download. Note that you will require Java SDK to be installed for Windows users, and likewise for Linux. For Mac OSX users, Java has been natively installed. But please beware, like any other software, or especially those created by me, there will be bugs. So far, the software is manageable, but I will try to improve on it once A2008 is over and there's free time.

Photon Bucket
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

BRACE YOURSELVES GUYS/GALS!!! LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO GO!
Photon Bucket
zackae

Post by zackae »

omg? You created your own program? lol! It's like you can do everything. I can see why you can manage to handle the event.
kazumacat

Post by kazumacat »

he's always someone to look up to...
I'm back in the forum, but sadly i cant attend the event...
Due to working~! So frustrated~ Best wishes to the event and everyone.
Hope everything goes smoothly and the public will enjoy and create awareness to astronomy~ [smilie=bye2.gif]
~Clear Skies~

Clear Skies~! I wish for Clear Skies when i'm free~!!! Clear Skies~!