ASTRONOMY GATHERING AT WOODLANDS RING ROAD

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Saladin18

ASTRONOMY GATHERING AT WOODLANDS RING ROAD

Post by Saladin18 »

TO ALL THE SINGASTRO MEMBERS

HI TO THOSE ASTRONOMER FRIENDS I AM MUHAMMAD RIDHWAN IBRAHIM WOULD LIKE TO INVITE ALL ASTRONOMER TO COME DOWN AND BRING ALONG YOUR SCOPES AND EVERYTHING TO VIEW THE NIGHT SKY ON THIS COMING EVENT

ASTROGAZER NIGHT GATHERING 2008
VENUE: BADMINTON COURT (MULTI PURPOSE COURT)
(BESIDE WOODLANDS NEIGHBORHOOD POLICE CENTRE)
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION 5 MINS. FROM ADMIRALTY MRT STATION
DATE: 25TH JANUARY 2008 (FRIDAY)
TIME: 8:00 PM TO 10:00 PM
TICKET SELLS AT $2:00 FOR FOOD AND DRINK ONLY
(TOILETS WILL BE LOCATED AT POLICE CENTRE)

YOU CAN ALSO BRINGING ALONG YOUR TELESCOPE AND BINOCULARS TO VIEW THE NIGHTSKY TOGETHER!

I HOPE TO MEET ALL OF YOU THERE AND HAVE A NICE MEETING TOO

YOUR SINCERELY
MR. WAN
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Erm, but why choose a day (or night) when the moon interferes with looking at deep sky objects?
Saladin18

Post by Saladin18 »

To Meng Lee

Haha... well its an event where i accidentally put it out for this year due to unprepared for the nature course that is coming up. Anyway please do join me and other schools that i had invited to view the night I am really glad to meet you and know about your background experience of the night-sky, moon, stars, planets, blah blah n etc. etc. etc. See you there....

Your sincerely Ridhwan (Wan) :D
Saladin18

Post by Saladin18 »

Calling all astronomers from Woodlands or North area, I need a volunteers to make this event a success. I need a lecture who can give a talks plus four people who can bring down their telescope to view the stars and planet (Saturn) as well. So if anyone can help me out, I am really glad, if this event a success I will bring up for next year 2009. Here's my hp. no. 96166849 (Weekends) / 91360138 (Weekdays). So call me i really need few hands to make this event Happening (Please replied me as soon as before next week tuesday 22 of January 2008)

Cheers!!! :oops:
Saladin18

Post by Saladin18 »

My chairman have given it down the price of a ticket for $1 ONLY u can get one chicken? with Orange juice its worthy. I wish to meet all the Singastro members and to get to know all of you closely... :oops: :D
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Hi RIDHWAN,

Maybe you can provide some background information for this event (eg. who's the organiser, what is the purpose of the event etc.) . What are the plans for the night ? Who are the participants / intended receipients ?

Since it looks like the organisers are collecting entrance fees, i would think that all these should be provided before any further invitation to join.

Regards,
Sam
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
Saladin18

Post by Saladin18 »

This event is sponsor by Woodlands Zone 11 Resident Committee. Foods and Drink also sponsor out from Macdonalds. The plans for the night is looking through the stars and planets, other than that I really need a volunteers least four people to come down with their telescopes plus one speaker to give a talks about this event. the main attention is resident. If this event is a successful I will make it another Astrogazer more prepare and better in 2009. If not this is the last event I make it up due to not much people are coming down to this event. So please do call me if you're free to be one of volunteer for this event. The target of people is 50 to 100 so least I need to sell this ticket as many as possible least around 80 or above. So I wish all of those astronomer who are free please had a time to come down at this event. :D
Saladin18

Post by Saladin18 »

:oops: Sorry guys last minute of changing VENUE

WOODLANDS RING ROAD BETWEEN BLOCK 639 AND 638 (FITNESS CORNER)

PLEASE ASK THE CLARK OF WOODLANDS ZONE 11 (IF YOU'RE NOT SURE THE PLACE IS) THE WOODLANDS ZONE 11 RC IS @ BLOCK 638.

CHEERS :mrgreen:
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Do we come down and buy the ticket on the spot or do we have to buy it at the RC prior?
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Saladin18

Post by Saladin18 »

Its better you buy through me so far i had ordered 30 of it but i can put you reserve coz there's another Singastro member will coming down there to bring her Telescope. Aniwae its cheap if this event the crowd is reach more than 30 i suggest this event is a successful event. I will make it better for next year with Tents and all setup to get ready as well open up talks! for 2009. :idea: