ASTRONOMY 2008 (LATEST)

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Robin Lee

Post by Robin Lee »

Oh god! Wish you guys good luck! I am so sad that I can't attend this event.

P/S: I'm really attracted by the summary of the event. [smilie=admire2.gif]
Clear skies,
Robin.

Cyclops Optics - QHYCCD, William Optics, Televue, STC & Optolong filters
Free shipping for purchases above SG$250
hansgalaxy

Post by hansgalaxy »

i will b goin there!! Will never miss Dr Chan and Remus lectures [smilie=ahaaah.gif]

Finally post after 1 yr of MIA
Shizuro

Post by Shizuro »

Hello, Im new here ! I would be attending this event tomorrow ! Really look foward to it as I'm really interested in astronomy ! [smilie=admire.gif]
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hello, Im new here ! I would be attending this event tomorrow ! Really look foward to it as I'm really interested in astronomy !
Welcome to SingAstro!!

Hope to see you there.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

Congrats guys! an event well done! with a good turnout and a nicely planned chain of programs ! hope we did manage to reach out more to the public about our presence and spark lots of new interest in Astronomy~ until the next big pubic event!

cheers and clear skies!!
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

I realised that Dr Phil Chan lecture really got all the young participant's attention....i am inpressed that there are still the young who are interested in these field of Quantum Physics, and they were straining their ears to hear everything he got to say despite of the loud chatter at the back :). Good job Phil.
Last edited by wucheeyiun on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
zackae

Post by zackae »

Yea, the talk on Dark matter and how the rotation speed of the stars around the center of galaxy produced a similar constant in the various methods of calculation proved to be quite a treat. To even have a Doctorate speaking to common people is already an honour. Quantum physics is certainly for the young and old.